Undergraduate Secondary Education at The College of New Jersey is a collaborative endeavor between academic content departments in the School of Culture and Society, the School of Science, and The Department of Educational Administration and Secondary Education in the School of Education.
Curriculum Mapping Links
- Biology Secondary Education planner
- Biology sample course sequence
- Chemistry Secondary Education planner
- Chemistry sample course sequence
- English Secondary Education planner
- English sample course sequence
- History Secondary Education planner
- History sample course sequence
- Mathematics Secondary Education planner
- Mathematics sample course sequence
- Mathematics course planner
- Physics Secondary Education planner
- Physics sample course sequence
Students matriculate into an academic content department:
The Department of Educational Administration and Secondary Education and the academic content department participate in co-advisement, which means that the student has an advisor in the content department and in the education department. Students receive information about the Secondary Education sequence in their education courses, from the Coordinator of Secondary Education, and from professors in the Department. Guidance regarding content courses and Liberal Learning courses is provided through the content departments. Courses taken in the junior and senior year are intentionally designed, planned, and scheduled by faculty and advisors in the content area and in the School of Education for the purpose of ensuring the students’ mastery of the content area, knowledge of pedagogical principles, and competence in field instruction. Currently student control sheets are maintained in the content department.
The Department of Educational Administration and Secondary Education offers courses in:
- Educational Psychology
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Education
- Secondary Pedagogy
- Secondary Field Experiences
For more information about the Educational Administration and Secondary Education Programs, as well as course information, please view the Educational Administration and Secondary Education Bulletin.